We strive to be the Best youth sports program in Springfield
- Always in Springfield, Always on Saturday
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Springfield AYSO have both Fall and Spring Soccer Seasons? Yes!
The first game of the Fall Season is generally 10 days after school starts (i.e. 12 days from Labor Day) and ends the Saturday before November 1st.
Here's how the Fall 2018 Calendar looks:
- Registration closes on August 15th
- Coaches Meeting the third Monday in August 29th
- Coaches determine their practice schedule and contact their players by August 30th
- Practices begin the week school begins
- Jamboree is on September 8th
- Last Game of the season is October 27th
How are teams formed?
- Teams are formed at the Coaches Meeting
- First rule: assign teams by school
- Second rule: Special Requests submitted through the "Contact" forms (see: Contact tab above)
Where and When are practices? This is determined by the Coach
- Generally speaking, the majority of practices are from 5:30-6:30 pm, 2-3 times per week
- Easiest way to know when and where practices are is for YOU to Volunteer to be the Coach
- Anybody can Coach! I started as a soccer coach with NO experience and years before I coached, my wife started as a soccer coach with NO experience
- All the equipment and training you could possibly need is provided
- It will take you 2 hours to read through the divisional manual and about 20 minutes before each practice to write up an agenda for your practice.